If you’re an avid cannabis grower, you’ve probably heard about regular seeds. Regular seeds are the product of natural pollination between a male and a female cannabis plant. Unlike feminized seeds, regular cannabis seeds have an equal chance of producing male or female plants. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of growing cannabis the natural way with regular seeds.
Benefits of Regular Seeds
- Genetic Diversity: One of the significant benefits of regular seeds is the genetic diversity they offer. With regular seeds, you get a mix of male and female plants, resulting in diverse genetics. This diversity can lead to healthier plants and better yields.
- Cost-Effective: Growing cannabis from regular seeds is often more cost-effective than using feminized cannabis seeds. Regular seeds are generally less expensive, and since you don’t need to buy new seeds for each crop, you save money in the long run.
- Breeding Potential: If you’re interested in breeding cannabis, regular seeds are the way to go. With male and female plants, you can crossbreed and create your unique strains. This is not possible with feminized seeds, which only produce female plants.
- Natural Selection: Regular seeds allow for natural selection, meaning that the strongest and healthiest plants will survive and reproduce. This can result in plants that are better adapted to your particular growing conditions.
- Better Flavor: Some cannabis enthusiasts believe that regular seeds produce cannabis with a more complex flavor profile. This is due to the genetic diversity and natural selection that occurs with regular seeds.
Do Regular Cannabis Seeds Cost more then Feminized Cannabis Seeds?
Regular cannabis seeds are typically less expensive than feminized cannabis seeds. This is because feminized seeds require extra effort and resources to produce, as they need to be carefully manipulated to ensure that they only produce female plants.
Benefits of Regular Cannabis Seeds, on the other hand, are that they can produce both male and female plants naturally, without the need for any special treatment. As a result, regular seeds tend to be more affordable and accessible to growers of all levels.
However, it’s worth noting that the price of cannabis seeds can vary depending on a range of factors, including the strain, genetics, and brand.
How to Grow Cannabis from Regular Seeds
Growing cannabis from regular seeds is similar to growing from feminized seeds. Here are the basic steps:
- Germinate the seeds: You can germinate regular seeds using the paper towel method or by planting them directly in soil.
- Plant the seedlings: Once the seeds have germinated, plant them in soil or another growing medium. Ensure that the plants receive adequate light, water, and nutrients.
- Identify the sex of the plants: Once the plants start to flower, you can identify their sex. Remove any male plants if you’re only interested in female plants.
- Harvest and cure the buds: Once the plants have matured, harvest the buds and dry and cure them before consumption.
FAQs about Growing Cannabis from Regular Seeds
Q: Can regular seeds produce only female plants?
A: No, regular seeds can produce male or female plants in equal proportions.
Q: How can I tell the sex of a cannabis plant?
A: Cannabis plants usually start to show their sex during the flowering stage. Male plants produce small flowers that look like balls, while female plants produce larger flowers with a white pistil.
Q: What is the best way to germinate regular cannabis seeds?
A: The best way to germinate regular cannabis seeds is by using the paper towel method or by planting them directly in soil.
Q: Can I breed my own cannabis strains with regular seeds?
A: Yes, you can breed your own cannabis strains with regular seeds by crossbreeding male and female plants.
Q: Are regular seeds better than feminized seeds?
A: Regular seeds have genetic diversity, cost less, and offer breeding potential. However, feminized seeds can be easier to grow since they only produce female plants.
In conclusion, growing cannabis from regular seeds has several benefits, including genetic diversity, cost-effectiveness, breeding potential, natural selection, and better flavor. If you’re interested in growing cannabis the natural way and experimenting with breeding, regular seeds are an excellent choice. With proper care and attention, you can produce high-quality cannabis that is unique to your particular growing conditions. So, give regular seeds a try and see what kind of plants you can